[Cialug] Buying a new PC

Jesse Welling jesse.welling at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 23:26:14 CDT 2007

I have to second the apt-get and synaptic front end vote.
It really doesn't get any more easy than selecting software from a
list and clicking apply. I'll give it to portage that you won't get
much slicker for a source based distribution. But really, I installed
Debian for my mom (baby boomer, very non-technical) and she's kept it
up to date and installed software herself (Sudoku and other games).