[Cialug] SCO's not dead yet

Theron Conrey theron.conrey at dice.com
Mon Oct 8 15:24:47 CDT 2007

Right, So I'd look at it as a way (considering the final cost of course) to keep alive and utilize your existing (and expensive) IT infrastructure and help increase the odds of a future migration path as opposed to an all out gut-and-replace down the line.  Buying what was left (again cost) even at millions of dollars, may save well over that amount in the long run.  Turning that code over, (cost sharing?) to a large Linux stakeholder, and getting some agreement to provide an upgrade path, would benefit the company financially, and allow for a smoother migration, especially if people could write to the existing code base.

But, coming down out of la-la land, I realize it would be hard to sell it.  But heh, McD dresses up tubers better than anyone else so anything is possible.

-Theron