[Cialug] two svn tasks

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Oct 5 16:40:40 CDT 2007

Here are two SVN tasks I'm trying to accomplish, was wondering if
anyone has some tips or pointers that could help me out.

My code is locked away, accessible only via https and requires
authentication. I'd like to be able to "share" a few of my projects
using anonymous svn. So, for example, my svn may look like:
 ../svn/
 ../svn/Project1
 ../svn/Project2
 ../svn/Project3

 and I want to make Project 1 and 3 shared to the world. Is there a
way to setup apache so that there is a virtual host or alias pointing
to the same location but allowing access to only 1 and 3 and even then
read-only, or do you need to mirror the svn repository to another part
of the fs?

Also, I'd like to know about svn activity. Maybe by e-mail either
nightly or when code is checked in, or maybe some other clever way,
for example an RSS feed. Anyone seen some interesting SVN tools for
doing reporting?

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode