[Cialug] Asterisk Training

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Nov 29 08:22:50 CST 2007

On 11/29/07, Jonathan C. Bailey <jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us> wrote:
> The shameless self promotion from earlier reminded me of something... Is anyone out there running any Asterisk administration training in central Iowa? It seems that most of the Digium stuff was in Miami and Atlanta (not a bad location for a vacation/training), but I don't know of any other training options..

If I can show there's enough interest I might be able to get DMACC to
run a continuing education class on Asterisk. I have experience
running Asterisk systems but I've never taught an Asterisk class so
you'd have bear with me while the course is developed.  What would
people want in terms of topics covered? Off the top of my head:

1) Basic Asterisk installation (I'd expect attendees to be relatively
familiar with Linux already).
2) SIP/IAX trunks to ITSPs.
3) SIP phone configuration
4) Analog FXO/FXS
5) T1/PRI
6) Voicemail
7) Basic dialplan

Although some of the topics above might be limited by hardware availability...

Jeff