[Cialug] Dokuwiki

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:34:33 CST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 9:39 AM,  <jaybabel at mchsi.com> wrote:
> I'm looking at using a wiki to setup an online operations manual for a small
> company.  I saw Dokuwiki was highly rated and pretty easy to setup and use.
> No database is required since all data is stored in plain text files.  I'm
> assuming the biggest downside would relate to performance and that impact
> would be negligible as long as we're only talking about 10 or 12 users.  Is
> there something big I'm overlooking?
>
> Jay

Is there a compelling reason for you not to go with a database-driven
wiki?  If not, I'll second Josh's recommendation of MediaWiki.  I've
set up a Wiki server at our company and have two wikis running on it.
One is our IT infrastructure documentation wiki and the other is a
HelpDesk wiki.  The former is locked down so that only users with
accounts can access data beyond the first page.  The latter is open
for anyone to view and search, but only authenticated users can edit
it.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night