[Cialug] hackable cell phone

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Nov 26 20:59:58 CST 2007

Seems like there was some discussion months back about a hackable cell
phone, I thought it may be called "Boost" but maybe not. There was
some application you could download that allowed you to share presence
information with others (which probably isn't a great idea) because
the cell phone provided a relatively cheap data plan.

Yes, I know about android and I've downloaded the dev kit and done the
hello world, and yes I'm glad I didn't buy an iPhone. However, in the
meantime I'm curious if there is a hackable cell phone, in the sense
that you can write your own applications (either stand alone or web
enabled). Did I remember the name right (searching my e-mail folder
yields no results, so I suspect I've got it wrong) and did I
understand correctly that this phone is hackable?

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode