[Cialug] Administrative stuff

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Nov 26 10:55:18 CST 2007

I just wanted to thank everyone who braved the weather and came out for
the meeting last week.  I was shocked at how many people came.  I hope
that people enjoyed the topics (wide ranging though they were).

I want to mention a few specifics for the coming weeks.

First of all, on December 8, we have our quarterly non-meeting.  The
LAN party will be at Insight.  Details are at
http://www.cialug.org/component/option,com_eventlist/Itemid,29/func,details/did,14/

Secondly, on December 19th, we will have our normal monthly meeting.
The topic will be networking.  If there are specific topics that you'd
like to learn about, please send them my way.  I believe that Dave Weis
wants to talk a bit about some new phone toys that he has, but I don't
have the details on that.

Also, on that meeting, we shall be graced with Google's presence.  I
also do not know what they will be talking about, but they promise me
that it will involve open source and Linux.  Rumor has it that may also
be interested in talking about some new facility that they are building
in Council Bluffs.

If there is anything that you want added to the agenda for the next
meeting, let me know.  If you want to be involved with the LAN gaming,
I'm sure that someone on the list knows something about that.  (Dave?)

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701