[Cialug] Meetings via teleconference?

Jim Cole jrcole at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 13:40:17 CST 2007

I use teleconferencing/web-conferencing for my work(being full time
telecommuter it's the only way to 'be in the office' for the meetings
and am wondering if it might be possible to do the CIALUG meetings
that way too? You can see the users desktop so if they're presenting
something we'd see it and we'd also hear it.

My thought is that this could bring people from the outer regions into
the group. I live near ames and though I'd really like to participate,
it's hard to work the time to come
down with my family time. It'd also make it viable for those 'weather
events' we'll be having this winter.

Anyone like the idea? It's not as good as being in person but it does
make it easier for some of us to participate.

-Jim