[Cialug] direction service

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Fri Nov 16 19:45:44 CST 2007

I just tried this out, it works fairly well except for making you
pronounce Des Moines like someone who doesn't know how to pronounce Des
Moines would say it.

DIR-ECT-IONS, the popular free service for 'directions by phone call, is
now available nationwide to all cities in the continental U.S. Anyone
can get driving directions by calling from their cell phone -- just dial
the word D-I-R-E-C-T-I-O-N-S (347-328-4667) tell the voice-activated
service a starting address and destination address and instantly receive
a text message with Mapquest driving directions.