[Cialug] gphone software preview

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:52:55 CST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 12:40 PM, Adk <adk at 52761.com> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/2zvn87

Heh, I posted a link to this same video two days ago (in the phone ssh
thread), and nobody seemed to care.  I wonder if I'm in all your
killfiles ;-)

Anyways, that Android thing does indeed seem pretty sweet.  The
graphics looked somewhat less slick/shiny than the iPhone, though.  I
didn't see, for example, reflections underneath images when browsing
like you get on a lot of apple's recent stuff.  For my taste, of
course, open architecture trumps initial shininess by far, since
openness can lead to far more total shininess later.  (And I do
realize I'm preaching directly at the choir here...)

- Nathan