[Cialug] request tracker alternate

Dan Sloan dan.sloan at DRAKE.EDU
Fri Nov 16 10:39:41 CST 2007

Might check out Profuturus.

http://sourceforge.net/users/jpewdev/

Its developed by a fellow at ISU, and used in at least one fairly large
department as both an inventory tool and helpdesk.

As I understand it, it started out as a fork of the Libreum help desk, but
its rewritten in PHP with a MySQL back end  (instead of VisualBasic/Access)

   -- Dan Sloan

From: cialug-bounces at cialug.org [mailto:cialug-bounces at cialug.org] On Behalf
Of Matthew Nuzum
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 9:34 AM
To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [Cialug] request tracker alternate

On Nov 16, 2007 5:30 AM, Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com> wrote:

David Bierce wrote:
> We moved from RT to OTRS. www.otrs.org
>

>> Anyone here have a suggestion for a replacement for request-tracker?
>> The killer feature of RT is that you can do all the routine stuff
>> through e-mail.

Sorry, I erased the first message in the morning email purge :-)

What do you not like/need to change with RT?

It's far more than I need. I want something simpler. I dislike the
interface. I guess I'm just curious if there's something else. Maybe I'll
decide that RT is the bomb but right now I wish I had another option.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode