[Cialug] Cell phone hooked to asterix (was: OT: Any good reason not to kill land phone line?)

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Nov 16 09:06:35 CST 2007

On 11/16/07, Nathan Stien <nathanism at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007 8:50 AM,  <jrnosee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But that's why I'm working on an asterisk system to pick up my
> > cell calls and pass them through the house's wiring!  :)!!! Ain't
> > computers great!
>
> Eeeenteresting.  How will you hook your cell to your asterisk box?

Search for chan_bluetooth.  I'm not sure how well it works though,
I've never tried it and from what I've read the original developers
did it as a POC but haven't really followed through and polished it
up.  I believe that CallWeaver includes it by default so it might work
better there. Asterisk doesn't include it so you'd need to track down
the patches and patch it into Asterisk.

Jeff