[Cialug] Cell phone hooked to asterix (was: OT: Any good reason not to kill land phone line?)

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 09:03:41 CST 2007

Bluetooth.

If you get the bleeding edge asterisk and asterisk-addons from the
trunk, there's an addon called chan_mobile.  I've been able to make
outgoing calls on a cell and take inbound calls from a cell on my
soft/sip phone on my pc.  I'm looking to tweak the system next, then
buy a sipura device to plug in my home wiring.  I'm trying to work out
2 lines and 2 line phones as well since I want both my cell and my
wife's to work with the system.

Also: (plug for november CIALUG meeting)
When I'm all said and done I eventually want to try and make this run
on an embedded system so I can make the "bridge" device smaller.
Unfortunately I've only got one embedded device at the moment, and I'm
*trying* to get it to do something else.