[Cialug] OT: Any good reason not to kill land phone line?

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:50:24 CST 2007

I've never owned a land-line.  All through college (well, they give
you one in the dorms I guess...) and now out, owning a home and
married.  The only annoyance I've found to not having a phone line is
when I leave my cell phone in the basement and I'm upstairs when it
goes off :(.  It's a long run through the house to get it when it
rings.  But that's why I'm working on an asterisk system to pick up my
cell calls and pass them through the house's wiring!  :)!!! Ain't
computers great!