[Cialug] OT: Any good reason not to kill land phone line?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Nov 16 08:46:55 CST 2007

On 11/16/07, afan pasalic <afan at afan.net> wrote:
> Actually, one more question: how many of you that don't use land phone
> line have family, with kids? For singles is much easier, but I have
> three troublemakers (wife and 2 boys).
> She has her cell and kids are still n age they don't make a lot of
> calls, mostly using our cells.
>
> I'm assuming the case is the same?

The two reasons that I don't drop my land line are:

1) Having a phone available for the babysitter in case of emergency.

2) DSL (rate hikes drove us away from Mediacom a while back).

Although, it'd be cheap enough to add a 3rd cell phone to our family
plan to take care of #1.

My kids are too young yet to be making a lot of phone calls.  My wife
and I haven't decided when the kids will be old enough for their own
cell phone.