[Cialug] request tracker alternate

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Fri Nov 16 05:30:20 CST 2007

David Bierce wrote:
> We moved from RT to OTRS. www.otrs.org
>
> It's another application in perl, except it doesn't use mason IIRC.
>
> Email automation, Speed, Postgres and LDAP support were the features it
> has that RT was lacking when we moved.  There was no easy ticket to
> ticket conversion though, I had to perlfoo it.
> On Nov 15, 2007, at 11:22 PM, Matthew Nuzum wrote:

I see it has calendaring of some kind, is it very strongly integrated?
That is one place that RT falls apart for us. We have a request to come
out and fix something, so we pop over into another webapp to make the
calendar entry. I would like the calendar entry and ticket to remain
attached together.

>> Anyone here have a suggestion for a replacement for request-tracker?
>> The killer feature of RT is that you can do all the routine stuff
>> through e-mail.

Sorry, I erased the first message in the morning email purge :-)

What do you not like/need to change with RT?