[Cialug] Resources for convincing enterprises to go with open source

Aaron Korver aaron.korver at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:39:28 CST 2007

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any resources for PHBs regarding open source
software?

Mainly I'm being asked about trends with open source and ROI; case studies
would also be great.  Really any official looking documents with graphs and
stats would suffice.  :-)

My audience for these papers are very skeptical about the value of open
source.  They are used to buying large software contract with the big name
companies and using anything with a monetary cost of Zero scares them.  Thus
it is my task to educate them on the benefits of using open source in the
enterprise.

Thanks,
Aaron Korver