[Cialug] Job Opening - Google

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Nov 13 17:38:52 CST 2007

Google asked me to pass this along to the list.  There will also be a
Google guy at the December meeting.  Once I know more about that he'll
be presenting on, I'll let folks know.

Here is the notice that Google asked me to pass along.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

--- Start Google Notice ---

Linux System Administrator  - Google

We are looking for exceptional System Administrators, at all levels of
experience, to support our growing office and server infrastructure. The
ideal candidate is goal-oriented, has the ability to handle interrupts
while fluidly switching between several projects, and takes a "work
smarter, not harder" approach.

Responsibilities:
* Configure system and network parameters.
* Monitor system stability and performance.
* Help develop tools to monitor and maintain systems.
* Rapidly scale systems to meet demand.
* Assist with corporate Linux desktop support.

Qualifications:
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Multiple years of Linux or UNIX system administration experience
desired, but candidates of all levels will be considered.
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
* Knowledge of webservers, firewalls/security, NIS/NFS, DNS, MTAs.
* Programming scripting ability (bourne, bash, perl, python, C).
* Excellent verbal and written skills with outstanding customer
service.

Salary/Benefits:
* Salary commensurate with experience

Excellent relocation package.

Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative
thinkers who care equally about doing great work and developing a
culture that's great for all our employees. So we offer Googlers a
generous host of benefits as part of our efforts to keep Google a
motivating, healthy, and productive place:

Health care for you and your family, vacation days and holidays, and
flexible work hours, maternity and parental leave, employee referral
bonus program, employee assistance services for personal issues,
learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance,
Google Child Care Center ( near Google headquarters), free shuttle
service to several Bay Area locations, Fuel Efficiency Vehicle Incentive
Program, and onsite dry cleaning, plus a coin-free laundry room in the
Mountain View office.

Company URL: http://www.google.com

If you are interested in knowing more and/or applying for this
position, please contact Jane Benedict, Recruiter at
jbenedict at google.com

About Google:
Google's innovative search technologies connect millions of people
around the world with information every day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford
Ph.D. students Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google today is a top web
property in all major global markets. Google's targeted advertising
program, which is the largest and fastest growing in the industry,
provides businesses of all sizes with measurable results, while
enhancing the overall web experience for users. Google is headquartered
in Silicon Valley with offices throughout North America, Europe, and
Asia.

Google was recently recognized by Fortune Magazine as the #1 Best
Company to Work For