[Cialug] Mandriva - open letter to Steve Ballmer

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 09:58:16 CDT 2007

On 11/2/07, Dave J. Hala Jr. <dave at 58ghz.net> wrote:
> Ethics is a fairly subjective thing and my experience is that the higher
> the stakes the less ethics is an issue.

I must seriously take exception to this.  Ethics is *not* subjective.
And you contradict yourself when you say it's subjective, but then say
that some people dispense with it.  How do you know they don't have an
ethics that just doesn't match yours?

Perhaps it's the idea that anything-goes in the realm of ethical
conduct that causes these problems in the first place.  Ethics is
*not* subjective.

-todd