[Cialug] gtk theme and customization

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Nov 2 09:54:58 CDT 2007

Next week I'll be at a company meeting. I've been looking for a way to
make my computer look distinctive. One way I could do this is to
install SLED, but really, that might not be the best career move, all
things considered.

Anyone have any suggestions? I think it'd be nice to have something a
little darker than what is default now, but the ubuntu studio theme is
a little too dark.

Also, I'm a little embarrassed to say it, but I'm not sure even how to
do this any more. The "Appearance" settings gives you the choice to
install a new theme and the dialog prompts you to find a "Theme
package," which apparently is a tar.gz or tar.bz2 file. Other than
that, I'm not sure what a theme package is nor how to find them.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode