[Cialug] Mandriva - open letter to Steve Ballmer

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Fri Nov 2 09:35:46 CDT 2007

I don't really know what Ballmer did. But after reading the Mandriva
"open letter" it would appear that Francios thinks Ballmer did something
unethical. Also remember that ethics are "relative"

Bribing officials in Nigeria probably isn't any different than making
large campaign contributions in the US. Granted, I think its wrong, but
one wonders if I had the resources, would it be a viable business
practice? When was the last time you saw a business person go to jail
for making campaign contributions to a legislator that was friendly
toward the contributing company?

:) Dave