[Cialug] saw this off a slashdot link

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Nov 1 11:28:59 CDT 2007

That's probably less than you could buy the Via Mobo + memory for and you
get a hard drive and optical drive with it.  They will probably get sued in
a couple weeks when the super cheap power-supply causes a fire in somebody's
house.

This is my favorite part of the news item:
"Even at the low end, however, image is everything. The gPC is built using
tiny components, but put inside a full-size case because research indicates
that Wal-Mart shoppers are so unsophisticated they equate physical size with
capability. "

BTW, despite my loathing of Wal-mart, I bought one of the first everex sub
$500 laptops from Wal-mart and it is still in regular use in the computer
room configuring devices with serial interfaces and running ssh sessions -
running ubuntu of course (shipped with lindows/linspire)

-Nate