[Cialug] Nagios Notifications

Jonathan C. Bailey jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us
Sun May 27 22:26:05 CDT 2007

I realize that.. I'm looking for a way to not get notified if all the children are also down.. Example:

Lets say hub-rack1 has 8 servers on it....

hub-rack1 fails ping, but all servers pass = email hub-rack1 unreachable (0 children down)

...or...

hub-rack1 fails ping, all servers on it are down = email hub-rack1 unreachable (8 children down)

I'm just looking to trim down the "obvious" host down e-mails..

Jonathan Bailey
Webmaster, Marshall County, Iowa
E: jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us