[Cialug] O.T. Who Killed The Electric Car ?

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri May 25 13:07:56 CDT 2007

Yeah, I'm a geek by day but spend a lot of time hunting and fishing and end up hauling things that either wouldn't fit or would be way too messy for a car.  The interesting thing is I've see these relatively new engines that cut down the number of available cylinders they use while on the highway and I'm amazed this isn't catching on more.  The only such truck/suv I've personally seen that does this is the Chevy Colorado which goes from, I think, 5 cylinders down to 4 at cruising speeds.

Tim, you know the phrase "if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".  $3/gallon may be worthwhile "hush" money ;-)

--Tony