[Cialug] AutoYast + Vlans

Matt Patterson matt at usrlocal.com
Thu May 24 14:46:59 CDT 2007

I know that there are some SuSE people in the crowd and hopefully someone
knows this answer.

I'm using autoyast to clone systems during the build process.  I have
everything working where I put in a CD, give it an install path and
autoyast file and ip information and everything works.  I only have one
issue. I would like to use a 802.1q trunk for the machine and I can't find
a way to pass that in the boot: line to kick off the autoyast file.

Does anyone have a clue on how to do this?  I can't seem to find vlan tags
as an option.  I can add them later, I'm just trying to make things easier
on myself and the other network techs that have to change what type of a
port the server is hooked up to.

Also...how do you define a add on media source in autoyast?

-Matt