[Cialug] Subversion

carl-olsen at mchsi.com carl-olsen at mchsi.com
Mon May 21 14:16:18 CDT 2007

I'm trying to figure out how to use Subversion.  I have version 1.4.3 installed on Windows XP Professional and I have Tortoisesvn installed.  I created a repository at "C:\svn\apache2" and I imported the "C:\apache2" folder into it.  I'm sure that was mistake because that is where I have Apache 2.2.x installed.  The reason I tried to do it that way is because I have two folders where I keep my working files "htdocs" and "phpinclude" and I want to be able to have them both open in Zend Studio 5.5 at the same time.

When I open Zend and try to checkout the files, I get an error message saying it cannot add the directory "htdocs" because it already exists.  Obviously, it does exist because that's where I imported the files from.

Is there some way I can set this up so that it only versions the files and folders I want to version and ignores the rest, as well as allowing me to keep my working directory the same as the web root for Apache (and my "phpinclude" folder which is outside the web root)?

Carl Olsen
Des Moines