[Cialug] OT: LCD Displays

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Thu May 17 12:29:25 CDT 2007

> I'm in the market for a decent LCD display.  I'd like a
> conventional 19" or a 22" wide screen.  I've done the typical
> checking in town but I was curious which some of you might
> recommend for quality and price (I know they are competing
>
> --Tony

I have 19" monitors - an Optiquest at work and a Viewsonic and Hyundai at
home.  They all seem fine, but I've been using them all less than a year.
The Hyundai was the least expensive and lacks any gee-whiz features.  I'm
not sure it even has speakers built in.  The other two have speakers.  The
Optiquest seems to be a solid monitor, the speakers are lousy.  The
ViewSonic was really for my wife.  It has a built-in powered speaker and
"subwoofer" (haha) as well as a built in USB hub, memory card slots *and* an
iPod dock.  The dock is gimmicky, but it is handy.  This monitor really
helped us cut down on the clutter on the desk it was on and I like it quite
well.  So far so good.

Good luck.

-Nate