[Cialug] GUI OS written in Assembly

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Thu May 17 09:08:44 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 00:42 -0500, kristau wrote:
> I believe Josh More was wondering if there were any projects like this:
>
> http://www.menuetos.net/index.htm
>
> I played with it on a system a few years back.  I'm not sure how much
> it has matured, but it didn't support much hardware at that time.  I
> was able to boot it and play with most everything included, but on
> InterWebs :(

Ugh. That's disgusting. It'd be more cool to see the opposite, a GUI OS
written in python, perl or basic.

Ooh, it could start with a bash like shell that will return python
objects instead of plain text. If stdout/stderr is redirected, the
object itself will be passed to the input of the next program, otherwise
the object's __str__ method will be called.

/me is a little jealous of Windows Gonad (or Monad or whatever its
called now)
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode