[Cialug] portable USB app's challenge

Claus cniesen at gmx.net
Wed May 16 15:21:44 CDT 2007

Just a heads up.  I encountered an Internet Cafe whose computers were
all infected with viruses and what not.  Since I had my own laptop (with
AV) this wasn't a problem since I just unplugged their computer and used
the cable with my laptop.  Also I found that lot of places offer
wireless access but no computers.

What I'm saying is that I'd recommend lugging a laptop around,
especially if she requires regular Internet access.

As far as apps recommendation, I would go with something service based.
  Flickr, SmugMug, etc all have good web based upload capabilities and
some basic editing capabilities.  3rd party service sounds good because
on the road there won't be anybody the help her if something doesn't
work on her USB drive.  And it's fairly simple to use.

Of course I could be totally off with my recommendations, since I don't
know her needs.
   Claus