[Cialug] Slightly OT- Windows Mobile grabbing random IPs..

Jonathan C. Bailey jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us
Mon May 14 13:01:12 CDT 2007

Quick update on the issue.. Still looking for input.

According to our packet sniffer, the device is doing a DHCP request, then less than a second later sending an ARP request saying it's .2. I've also seen this issue with the device taking other seemingly random IPs on the same subnet.

The REALLY weird part is that even when configured with a static IP, it does the same thing! Sounds like we're running Windows CEMENT - hard as a rock, dumb as a block.

Jonathan Bailey
Webmaster, Marshall County, Iowa
E: jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us