[Cialug] network-manager and RAM

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Tue May 8 14:48:09 CDT 2007

Speaking of the dist-upgrade thing, has anyone noticed network-manager
using a ton of ram after its been running for a while? I rebooted
yesterday after a little over a week of uptime because network manager
was using (according to top) over 150M of RAM. After reboot it was
listed as using 11M.

Since doing my upgrade to Feisty, my computer has been swapping at the
drop of a hat. I'm not sure, but maybe because of nm-applet.

I've heard that you can't trust top for accurately conveying memory
usage. So what can I trust? Can I even trust top enough to assume that
when it says 150M that a program is using considerably more ram than
when top says its using 11M?
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode