[Cialug] 1-button mouse

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Thu May 3 21:40:48 CDT 2007

I have what seems like it ought to be a simple question, yet i don't
know the answer.

I'm setting up a MacBook with Debian Etch. The trackpad only has 1
button. I'd like to be able to access buttons 2 and 3 by holding down
modifier keys while clicking the one button (for example, maybe
ctrl-alt-click could be button 2 and alt-apple-click could be button
3). How do i set that up? I was looking at xmodmap; this almost seems
like something it should be able to do, but i was not able to determine
the correct syntax if it exists.