[Cialug] ImageMagick and animations?

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Thu May 3 08:03:55 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Tom Poe wrote:
> Dave Weis wrote:
>> I've got a bunch of jpg files that I want to turn into an avi or some type
>> of animation. I can't get the right sequence of switches to make it work.
>> Has anyone else ever done this?
>>
> Follow-up.  The sound file might be longer or shorter than the video.  I
> can't remember how that worked out with the command I just sent.  I think I
> ended up with a trial and error approach to creating a sound file to the
> images.  We can work on that, if you have more questions.  I'll dig up my
> stuff, and try to figure out what I did.  What audio and video player are you
> working with?

I don't need audio, it's for a time lapse of a building construction. I'll
use whatever I need to play it, something common that will play on Windows
Media would be helpful.

The next problem is how to easily rename the image files to something that
makes more sense. The grabber defaulted to a format like
Wed_Mar_28_2007.19_57_57.jpg and I would like to end them up like
20070328195757 so they will sort correctly and get animated into the right
sequence.

I had a few ideas for renaming them involving redirecting find into a text
file and using search and replace to make a shell script but if someone
else has a better plan I would be happy to try it.

dave

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com