[Cialug] Dell picks Ubuntu

Jesse Welling jesse.welling at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:37:15 CDT 2007

"So will this revenue-generating model carry over to Ubuntu equipped
Dells? Will we soon start seeing icons for Netzero and music services on
the desktop?"

I doubt that but, I think it will give Apple another platform in the
long run. After all they are pulling out the DRM so I think we will
see Apple made, Linux friendly ipod software in the near future.

This really is to bad for me though. I should have waited to order my
new laptop. I ordered a thinkpad direct from lenovo and had to pay the
Microsoft tax. Oh well at least it will last a long time....