[Cialug] Ubuntu's New Init

Bryan Baker ka_klick at mac.com
Sat Mar 31 11:59:20 CDT 2007

I wonder if some of these projects are using some of launchd since I
know they open sourced it.
The thing about this needing to have been done a long time ago is
that the "Un*x way" is to have lots of little pieces doing discrete
jobs, and I believe what was there grew out of that sort of mindset.
I do believe that this is a step forward though, sometimes
consolidation is good.