[Cialug] Slightly OT: Interesting wireless networking article

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:39:30 CDT 2007

Here's a concept I've considered, but I've never taken time to do a
test implementation of it.

Set up an unencrypted WAP sitting in front of a combo firewall and
OpenVPN server.  Configure the firewall to only allow connections to
the VPN server.  All other traffic is dropped.  Therefore, wireless
clients must connect to the VPN server and authenticate to get any
further than the "sandbox."  Connecting to the VPN encrypts all
traffic traversing the airwaves between the client and VPN server.

Perhaps someday I'll try to implement this at home. . .

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night

My GNUPG public key is available at http://www.kristau.net/public_key.asc