[Cialug] Next meeting

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Mar 15 16:56:11 CDT 2007

We (Alliance Technologies) have toys to give away at the next meeting.
One of the more interesting ones is an old Sun Enterprise 22OR server.
It's rack mountable, and runs well.  We're only getting rid of it
because it's the only Sun system we have anymore.  However, there is a
catch.  We seem to have misplaced the key that opens it, and we need to
wipe the drives...

So, we're going to pretend it's a car.  If you bring your Sun Server
keys to the meeting, and your key opens the server, you win the server!
(and there was much rejoicing).
Sun seems to have only made a handful of key types, so there is a good
chance that what you have could work.  lf multiple people have working
keys, we'll let /dev/random decide.  Once we've wiped the drives, you
get those too.  If you can open it, and don't want to take it home, you
can give it to someone else and then they owe you a favor.  It's
win/win!

Other things we should be giving away include a rack mount UPS that
likely needs fresh batteries and a handful of PCMCIA cards that may be
missing dongles.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701