[Cialug] MythTV Question

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Thu Mar 15 16:13:13 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 15:28 -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1600?  Is
> it supported under Linux and MythTV?  I was thinking about getting
> this card and starting a MythTV box.

I had a wintv and it worked poorly. I got a pvr-150 and the difference
is night and day. You can get these wintv cards and it will likely work,
but if you get frustrated at it and want to chuck it, just remember that
the pvr cards are nothing at all like the wintv cards.

(Tom, yes, you were right... :-)
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode