[Cialug] ext3 support under Windows (was: GNOME partition Editor)

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:24:07 CDT 2007

On 3/14/07, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> The driver I'm using now is a lot better than one I used two years ago
> or so. The trick is this one is a true IFS driver for Windows. The one I
> used before was a bit of a hack. This one shows up in the driver manager
> program and everything.
>
> I feel its a very solid driver. http://www.fs-driver.org/

Wow, yeah, from the site at least this looks much better than the one
I used -- no doubt the same "bit of a hack" one you mentioned.

I would probably be bothered by the lack of permissions handling and
utf8 support (my music collection in particular has more than a few
non-ascii filenames), but it still looks pretty handy.

I'm surprised they don't set the hidden bit for dotfiles -- seems easy
and sensible.  Samba does it.  I wonder if that's just not implemented
yet, or if they have some design reason not to do it.

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer