[Cialug] Google Hard Drive Study

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Thu Mar 8 22:56:36 CST 2007

Ok, but correct me if I'm wrong, if they have such a good working
relationship, wouldn't hard drive manufacturers make sure Google get
the primo quality drives?  Just to make sure their relationship with
Google wasn't ruined?  When you've got a show dog, you don't give it
the same chopped "whatever" you give every other dog.

On 3/8/07, Nathan Stien <nathanism at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/8/07, kristau <kristau at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/8/07, Nathan Stien <nathanism at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Granted.
> > >
> > > But if the case has no merit and you have deep enough pockets to
> > > actually go to court, you can win.  And if you win, you can countersue
> > > to recover your court costs.  And everyone knows Google has deep
> > > pockets.
> >
> > Tactically, Google could probably easily handle such a lawsuit, but
> > the resulting damage to their working relationship with the various
> > hardware manufacturers involved would be irreparable.
>
> Yeah.  I think you nailed it.  This is the ah-hah moment I was looking for. :-)
>
> --
> Nathan P. Stien
> Consulting Engineer / Software Developer
> Embedded Systems Electronics and Software
> http://linkedin.com/in/nathanstien
> Mobile: 309.241.2581

Tim