[Cialug] Tracking the Ubuntu beta distribution

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:57:02 CST 2007

On 3/1/07, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:

> Having gone through this route with Dapper --> Edgy, and planning on
> upgrading to Feisty when beta comes out, the one trick I've picked up is
> to try and create a separate /home filesystem. This makes it much easier
> to install from scratch if you need to.
> --
> Matthew Nuzum
> newz2000 on freenode

The sage advice here, of course: you'll never regret making that
backup of your /home hierarchy before you apply any major upgrade.
Every time I've upgraded any distribution, I've started with with a
backup of /home and /etc at the very least.  Never regretted it once.
Saved me more than once.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night