[Cialug] Tracking the Ubuntu beta distribution

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Thu Mar 1 11:22:58 CST 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 10:05, dan at danandlaurajuliano.com wrote:
>> Now i just want to install it [Linux] and start using it as soon as
>> possible.
>
>I wonder if OSX is the reason behind this.  Having acquired a mac mini
>myself, I feel less energized about troubleshooting stupid stuff in
> linux.

For me i think the reason is that i spend a lot of time at work doing
system administration tasks so when i get home i don't want to mess
with those sorts of things.

I don't use OS X all that much. For some tasks it is very nice, and i do
use it for those. But for long-term use as a primary OS it is not quite
what i want. I've gotten too used to the AfterStep window manager (and
more to the point, its Pager that works better than any other i've
seen) and to use anything else for very long feels a bit constraining.