[Cialug] Is the next President of the United States running Linux?

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 15:15:55 CDT 2007

On 6/29/07, Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I find it exceedingly difficult to believe a candidate chose
> their web host because of what OS they run.  It's more likely to be they
> gave the task to someone, and that person picked it for any number of
> reasons.  I'm not sure some of the candidates could even pronounce Apache,
> let alone Linux.

This is almost certainly the case.  But a given candidate attracts a
certain type of person to his/her campaign.  This selection effect is
then represented [imperfectly] in the tactics used by those
campaigners.

Besides, this whole thing is just some goofy fun.  This is just a
small handful of data points, and therefore you can't really get any
really deep meaning out of it.  It would be interesting to see a
broader survey encompassing many kinds of political races.

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer