[Cialug] OT: camcorder

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Fri Jun 29 11:50:16 CDT 2007

> Best Buy has several models that use hard disk or flash media. Also, I
> don't mind the DV format. Any opinions on models I should consider or
> avoid?

I've been wondering about those really cheap models from AipTek and the
like.  We have a Sony Hi-8 that I do capture the video from (not very
convenient) and occasionally do something with it.  My gripe is always the
sound.  Can't hear a blessed thing without turning up the sound - usually
both digitally and during playback.  Sound wasn't so important when the kids
were younger though.

A cheap digital would probably trade convenience for fidelity, but who
knows?  I'm keenly interested in the experiences of others as well.

-Nate