[Cialug] OT: Tivo

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Jun 26 15:44:10 CDT 2007

I don't want to pick at nits, but Tivo does run Linux and leverages Linux
and Open Source.  They were one of the early Linux-toaster success stories.
I enjoy a good Tivo hack too.  My personal favorite is downloading the "High
School Musical" movie from our tivo, removing the media key, and then
compressing/shrinking it so it will play on the media card in my daughter's
Nintendo DS.

OTOH.  MythTV rocks.  I *use* it everyday.  Did anyone else see the one
listing service is pulling it's lists.  I have to figure out how to switch
to an alternative, or probably re-install my kmoppmyth.  It will probably be
easier now, but I dread going through the process.  My current Myth setup
has been working for me for several years.

-Nate