[Cialug] SOT: Car PC?

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Thu Jun 21 10:06:27 CDT 2007

I always thought it would be cool to have a home-grown pc based mp3
player with a touch screen in the car. It would be something like a dj
setup. If it was linux based, you could set-up a music server in the
house and have the car use rsync via wi-fi to automatically update all
your tunes and play lists whenever you pull in the driveway.

Of course, I'm sure the RIAA would just be thrilled. I'm curious to see
if a hard drive would survive in the car in the winter. Maybe some type
of r/w optical storage would be good choice... I dunno...

:) Dave