[Cialug] Well, it's official

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Jun 19 11:13:48 CDT 2007

I believe you are correct, but I think it represents a change in philosophy
from state "leaders".  Some of the past incumbents seemed to believe you
built the Iowa economy starting with the bottom and the top would somehow
follow.  It doesn't make sense to have service jobs without people and
companies who need services.  Which seems to be what they were doing in the
past.

Maybe it will help with aspects of State "brain drain" and the youth who go
elsewhere?  It could have happened to a nicer town, but the proximity to
Omaha was probably a key.

My humble thoughts.  BTW, I really like Iowa, the more I travel the more I
appreciate it.

-Nate