[Cialug] HFSPlus and Linux

Jim Asbille jim.asbille at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:31:43 CDT 2007

When I first got my iPod it was formated for Mac and I was using it under
Suse 10.0.  It never did work.  I formatted it for Windows and it has been
bliss ever since.  I currently use OpenSuse 10.2.  The Mac format is
supposed to be supported in Linux, maybe it is a Suse thing or maybe the
support is dodgy overall.  If you can format it for Windows then do.

On 6/18/07, Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:

> Ok so I had to do a restore of my ipod over the weekend.  At that time I
> took to the liberty to format it as "mac" which is hfsplus.  Now I can't
> seem to mount the stinking thing under opensuse 10.2.
>
> These don't work:
>
> #>mount -t hfsplus /dev/sdb /media/ipod
>
> nor does:
>
> #>mount -t hfs /dev/sdb /media/ipod
>
> I'm getting the feeling I'm missing something in my kernel perhaps?  I
> have the various hfsplus stuff flagged as modules already.  Could this be a
> problem with EFI partition support?
>
> --Tony

Jim Asbille, MSM
registered Linux user number 388067

Experience has shown how deeply the seeds of war are planted by economic
rivalry and social injustice.
-Harry S. Truman