[Cialug] Next Meeting Agenda

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Fri Jun 15 15:23:24 CDT 2007

If there is interest, I could talk about certifications again.
I just upped my Novell Linux cert and got a GIAC, so I can talk about
test taking techniques and the sorts of things the tests cover (no
specifics though).

I could also talk a bit about Inkscape as well, as I use it for my
(highly irregular) web comic.

I could whip up a short encryption presentation, since we recently had
that SSL discussion.

Anything out there people want me to talk about?

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

On 6/15/07, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> Well, here are some ideas to talk about (and I could talk about
them):

>  * A while back someone suggested (maybe me, can't remember) having
> planet, so I registered iowatechies.com with the concept of crossing
> over from just Linux techies (as cool as they are) and making it a
> techie smörgåsbord for all types. My goal isn't to make money on it,
> just to have a cool, fresh list of blogs.

Hmm.  Show of hands --  who in the LUG has a tech blog?  I keep
meaning
to start one, but I generally end up spending my mental tech bandwidth
on things that get me paid.  (Though perhaps a good tech blog would be
a nice credibility- builder for consulting services...)

>  * I could talk about creating web graphics in Inkscape... My only
> cool trick is how I slice the graphics, since that feature isn't
built
> in.

I definitely would like to see this!  If you're willing, that would be
great.

>  * I just started deploying Django applications and I'm a bit
> intoxicated by the sheer speed of building web apps it affords.
> Knocking off non- trivial (but not massive) apps in 3- 4 hours blows
my
> mind.

Hells yes.  I have been wanting to check Django out for a while.  As I
have previously indicated on the list, I'm a hardcore python sort of
guy.

I keep trying to get other people to talk, so maybe I need to stand up
and give a spiel myself.  I'll try to think of something interesting.

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer