[Cialug] KUbuntu question

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Fri Jun 15 08:16:36 CDT 2007

I have a pressed DVD of Edgy, and a burned copy of Feisty.  For some reason,
my laptop won't read the burned DVD (I've tried 2 burned discs with no
luck), but it will read the pressed DVD.  I have an external DVD drive that
can read the burned disc.  In order to install KUbuntu, I could do one of 2
things: 1. Install Edgy then upgrade later.  2. Boot Edgy, but install
Feisty off the external DVD drive.  It seems like I've heard of problems
with 1, so I'd like to do 2.  Anyone know how to do this?

--
Tim